National Client Counselling-Negotiation Competition by Ramaiah College of Law [Online; Aug 6-8]: Register by July 31
Ramaiah College of Law is organising the first edition of its National Client Counselling-Negotiation Competition from August 6 to 8, 2022.
About Ramaiah College of Law
Ramaiah College of Law (RCL) was established in the year 1995 with an endeavour to provide quality legal education that will help create a community of morally, ethically and socially responsible citizens.
About the ADR society
The Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) society of Ramaiah College of Law was established in 2016 and has been focused on creating general awareness of the content, context, meaning and utility of Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms.
The society has played an instrumental role in conducting regular Alternative Dispute Resolution training sessions, with a robust combination of its theoretical and practical facets.
In addition, the ADR Society bolsters regular participation and excellence of the students in ADR competitions and is actively involved in organising guest lectures on the various nuances of ADR.
About the Client Counselling-Negotiation Competition
Samyat means to meet together; encounter; agreement; a means of joining or uniting. Samyat 2022 being a pioneer in this format of competition also signifies continuity. Its uniqueness lies in the progression from interviewing a client, to negotiating on their behalf, all in one round.
The idea is to enable participants to comprehensively showcase their prowess in dispute resolution. The format offers a unique approach to various ADR mechanisms, giving teams an opportunity to showcase their talents in both, the client counselling and negotiation aspect of the competition.
The theme of the competition is commercial law as consulting lawyers and negotiating form a quintessential part of corporate transactions.
- Each team shall consist of two bona fide students enrolled in 3/5 year undergraduate law programme in a law college/university recognised by the Bar Council of India.
- The registration will be on a first-come-first-serve basis, up to a maximum of 24 teams. Every institution may register a maximum of two teams.
- Team members must be of the same institute; cross-teams are NOT allowed.
Format of the Competition
- Each round consists of two stages:
- Stage 1: Client counselling
- Stage 2: Negotiation
- Stage 1
- Each team consisting of two members shall assume the role of advocates/legal counsels and interview the client, who shall be provided by the host college
- Client counselling and negotiation are part of the same round, the substance of the problem will remain the same.
- At the end of Stage 1, Confidential Information (“CI”) pertaining to the problem will be released. The CI shall be specific to each team, depending on whether their client from Stage 1 was the Requesting or the Responding Party
- A duration of 15 minutes will be given to the teams to peruse the CI before the commencement of Stage 2. Teams are to negotiate based on the information/objectives provided to them in the CI, and make strategic use of the same
- Stage 2
- Two teams square off against one another in Stage 2, i.e., negotiation, wherein the members of the team assume the roles of client and counsel
- The teams will then be marked cumulatively for their performance in both stages, and shall be ranked accordingly
The rounds of the competition are structured as below:
- Two Preliminary Rounds
- Semi-Finals (Top 4)
- The registration will be on a first-come-first-serve basis, up to a maximum of 24 teams.
- Every institution may register a maximum of two teams.
- A Registration fee of INR 2500/- will be payable.
- Please register through the link given at the end of this post.
- Winners: INR 20,000.
- Runners-up: INR 12,500.
- Best Negotiating Team (Prelims): INR 3,500.
- Best Client Counselling team (Prelims): INR 3500.
Mode of Conduct
The competition will be held online via ‘Zoom’ platform.
- Last date for Registration: July 31, 2022
- Release of problems and scoring criteria: July 20, 2022
- Last date for seeking clarifications: July 30, 2022
- Release of clarifications: August 1, 2022
- Dates of the Competition: August 6 to 8, 2022
In case of queries, please write at email@example.com or contact:
- For registration queries:
- Nihal M: +91 80738 95875
- Vybhavashree: +91 80504 90857
- For any further enquiries:
- Sudarshan B K (Convenor): +91 87469 03362
- Vaishnavi Naik (Co-Convenor): +91 79755 85063
Click here to view the brochure for further information.Apply Now
2nd National Client Counselling Competition by DME Law School [Offline; Aug 6]: Register by Aug 1
DME Law School is organizing its 2nd National Client Counselling Competition on August 6, 2022 at its campus in Noida.
Delhi Metropolitan Education is an Educational Institute affiliated with the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi.
About the Event
‘A substantial part of the solution lies in understanding the problem.’ More often than not, we use the words ‘Counsel’ and ‘Advocate’ interchangeably. However, there lies a thin difference in the intentions with which the same person operates while discharging these two different roles.
Whenever a client approaches a counsel in a state of despair, desperation, and cluelessness, it is imperative for the latter to live up to the level of trust the former has put in him.
His advocacy skills will only matter once the client has been satisfied and apprised of the intricacies of the legal system, the multitude of solutions available to him, and the bonafides of his advocate in bridging the gap between the former two. Hence, the ‘counseling skills’ of a lawyer precede his ‘advocacy skills’.
With an objective to hone this Counselling skill, DME Law School is organizing its 2nd National Client Counselling Competition.
This competition is aimed at giving law students across the country an opportunity to not just test their legal knowledge but also to test their communication skills, convincing ability, and patience.
Law Students from any recognized College/University can participate in the event.
- Each team shall consist of 2 participants only.
- Only one team per institution can register for the competition.
- Register with the link given at the end of this post.
Each team is required to pay a nominal participation fee of Rs. 600/team. (Refer the brochure for bank details, etc.)
- Date: August 06, 2022, Saturday
- Venue: DME Law College, Sector 62, Noida (U.P.)
- Last Date of Registration: August 1, 2022.
- Winner: INR 5000
- 1st Runner Up: INR 3000
- 2nd Runner Up: INR 2000
- Consolation Prize: INR 500
- Participation Certificates for all participants.
DME Campus, Noida, UP, India
Click here to view the Brochure.
In case of queries, write at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the following student coordinators:
- Ishaan Aggarwal: +91 96543 69236
- Mitakshara: +91 81718 11126
- Shaurya: +91 85957 99599
PIL and Writ Petition Drafting Competition by Forum Legitimum [Aug 28]: Register by Aug 27
Forum Legitimum is conducting a competition on Drafting of PIL and Writ Petition, to be held on August 28, 2022.
About the Organization
Forum Legitimum is an Instagram page that was started by a group of law students who wanted to bring all sorts of legal information into one platform. The page typically focuses on legal facts, legal topics, maxims apart from current affairs and other interesting content.
About the Competition
Forum Legitimum is organizing a competition on Drafting of PIL and the Writ Petition. It aims to provide a unique platform for students, to put their knowledge and quizzing instincts to the test.
The Competition is open to all students of law.
Rules of the Competition
- The participant can give this exam from their home or hostel or any other place with the use of a laptop or Mobile Phone.
- The submission shall be made through Google Forms.
- The proposition will be given a week before the date of submission.
- The competition on Drafting of PIL and Writ Petition is open to all law students.
- Participation as a team is not allowed.
- Any technical issue faced by any participant shall entirely be at his responsibility and organizers owe no liability/responsibility towards the same.
- All certificates shall be in digital form and will be sent on the e-mail id provided in the google form.
- The decision of the Organizers shall be final and binding in relation to any matter connected with the competition.
- Registration Fee: INR 50
- Click on the link at the end of the post to register
- Ensure that all payment proof provided by you is genuine. In case of any discrepancies, you will be disqualified.
Payment can be made via Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe or Bank transfer. The details for the same are as follows:
- Google Pay: 9710307999 (Name: Jayavarshni V)
- Paytm: 9710307999 (Name: Jayavarshni V)
- PhonePe: 9710307999 (Name: Jayavarshni V)
- Bank Transfer:
- Account Number: 047810116321
- IFSC: IPOS0000001
- Account Holder’s Name: Jayavarshni V
- Winner: INR 300/- + Certificate of merit.
- Runner Up: INR 200/- + Certificate of merit.
- 2nd Runner Up: INR 100/- + Certificate of merit.
- The top 10 will get a Certificate of Excellence.
- A certificate of participation will be provided to all the participants.
- Internship opportunities will also be provided to the Top 10.
- Last Date for Registration: August 27, 2022.
- Date of Submission: August 28, 2022.
- Declaration of Result: Will be announced later.
For queries or clarifications, please feel free to write to at email@example.com.Apply Now
Lex Ultima 2022-National Level Law Fest, SDM Law College, Mangalore
About the College
Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College is a well-known institution and recognized as one of the top law colleges in Karnataka. The college imparts quality legal education in both 5-year and 3-year streams of LLB courses and also Post Graduation (LLM) along with certificate courses and various diploma and add-on courses. Established in 1974, SDM Law College has set a benchmark for quality legal education in southern India.
About the EventThe Moot Court Society and Corporate Club of SDM Law College is organising LEX ULTIMA 2022 from 12th-14th August 2022. It is a unique national-level law fest that will culminate a host of competitions and will test the wit and knowledge of the students from India’s Law Colleges.
The law fest will host the following events:1. All in All Advocacy-Client Counselling-Negotiation-Trial Advocacy-Appellate Advocacy2. Bail Petition3. Judgment Writing4. Legal Drafting5. Law Quiz6. Public Interest Litigation
Eligibility:Law schools/Colleges/Institutes/Universities, recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to participate in the competition. The participants should currently be pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in Law i.e., Three-Year or Five-Year Law Courses.
Team Composition:Each team shall consist of four members. A team must compulsorily participate in all events. One person can participate in a maximum of 4 events only.
Location: The event will be held offline at SDM Law College, Mangaluru
Registration:1. Provisional RegistrationFor reserving a slot for the college, provisional registrations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Provisional Registration-Lex Ultima 2022’.2. Final Registration Details-The Registration fee is Rs. 4000/- per team. The amount has to be paid to the account details given in the registration form.-The registration fee will not be refunded.-Participants shall email the registration form along with the soft copy of the proof of payment to email@example.com-Registrations will be confirmed on a first come first serve basis.
-Only the first 24 registering teams will be entertained for participation.
-Registration will be complete only once both, the Registration Form and the proof of payment are emailed to the above said email.
-The propositions shall be given once final registration is completed.
Prizes:Attractive trophies & cash prizes shall be awarded to the winners for every event. There shall be an Overall championship as well as a Runners-up championship for the best performing team.
Last date for Final Registration: 15th July 2022Last date for seeking Clarifications: 23rd July 2022Last date for submitting Bail Petition (soft copy): 25th July 2022Last date for submitting Public Interest Litigation Petition (soft copy): 26th July 2022Apply Now
Policy Doodling Competition by Centre for Civil Society [No Fee]: Submit by July 30
Centre for Civil Society (CCS) is organising a Policy Doodling Competition as a part of its Silver Foundation Year Celebration and is inviting submissions for the same.
About Centre for Civil Society
Founded in August 1997 on the 50th Anniversary of India’s independence, Centre for Civil Society (CCS) is a public policy think tank today, ranked 5th in India and 83rd in the world by the TTCSP 2021 report.
About the Event
Centre for Civil Society invites policy enthusiasts, art lovers and doodlers to participate in the Policy Doodling Competition and draw any of their favourite elements from either of the following two policies of India:
- Science, Technology and Innovation Policy (STIP) 2020
- National Education Policy, (NEP) 2020
- An entry can be in the form of a cartoon, comic strip, graffiti, sketch, painting, poster or any other static doodle.
- Animation and videos shall not be considered valid entries.
Anyone above the age of 18 years, from any part of the world, can participate in this competition.
This is an online contest.
How to Submit?
Participants can submit their entries through the link given at the end of this post. There is no submission fee.
July 30, 2022, 23:59 IST
Top entries will be exhibited at CCS’ Silver Foundation Year Celebration at BIC, Bangalore and the winning entry wins a cash prize of INR 5,000.
In case of queries, write to Bhavya Mehta at firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now
Quiz Competition: Legis Quixotic 4.0 by Iuris Jura [Online; July 31]: Register by July 30
Iuris Jura is organising the 4th Online National Quiz Competition (LEGIS QUIXOTIC 4.0) on July 31.
About the Organisation
Iuris Jura is an e-learning platform for legal learning aspirants which provides opportunities to all law aspirants across India.
About the Quiz
Iurisjura invites all the participants across the nation to participate in its 4th Online National Quiz Competition LEGIS QUIXOTIC 4.0.
The quiz will be based on Constitutional law, Criminal Law, Current Affairs (Legal) and Contract Law.
Open for all students of the colleges and universities; law aspirants and legal fraternity.
- There are no registration charges.
- Click on the link given at the end of this post to register.
The successfully registered participants will be provided with important guidelines and details to participate in the quiz via mail or in the WhatsApp group.
- Winner: INR 1,000+ Certificate of Merit
- Runner Up: INR 500 + Certificate of Merit
- The top 15 Participants will get a Certificate of Merit.
- All the participants will be given certificates of participation.
- Last Date for Registration: July 30, 2022 (Till 11:59 P.M.)
- Date of Online Quiz: July 31, 2022
The Dates provided are subject to change at the discretion of the organizers.
This competition will be held online.
In case of any queries, drop a mail at: email@example.com or call Nasimuddin Khan at +91 78280 46618 or Yash Talreja at +91 79997 55987.Apply Now